Raoul Kneucker, Dr. iuris; Dr. h.c. (Webster University, Ma / USA), Professor honoris causa (Political Science) at Innsbruck University; Professor honoris causa (Religion and Law) at Vienna University; member of the Consistory of the Protestant Church in Austria ( legal affairs), Director General and Head of Division "Scientific Research and International Affairs", Coordinator of the Austrian RTD policies for the European level; retired, Federal Ministry of Science and Research.
Born 1938 in Vienna / Austria, married to Linda Brailove, three children. likes to climb mountains, to swim and to play chamber music (violin).
Studied law at University of Graz, Dr. iuris 1961, Political Science at Brandeis University / Massachusetts, USA, as a Fulbright and Wien Scholar, 1958/1959, US administrative law at Salzburg Seminar, 1961, Public Administration (Speyer, 1964). He was Researcher as Theodor Körner Fellow in Washington, D.C. (1965) and finished Management Training at the Federal Academy of Training Civil Servants in Vienna (1982)
- Law clerk at Graz Courts (1962); and the District Administration of Graz - Environs (1963);
- Lecturer at the University of Vienna for Constitutional and Administrative Law (1964-1969);
- Legislative Work at the Federal Ministry of Education (1966/67);
- Secretary General of the Austrian Rectors‘ Conference (1970 -1978);
- Secretary General of the Austrian National Science Foundation (1978 -1989);
- Senior Official (Technology Policy and Programmes), and Director General (Scienitific Research and International Affairs) in the Fedarl Ministry (1990-2002).
- Teaching assignments in Austrian constitutional and administrative law and in various areas of public law (human rights, education and research law and reform, food and drug legislation, organisation of public administration) in this order:
- at the Universities of Vienna,
- at the University of Economics in Vienna,
- at the University of Klagenfurt and at
- Webster University / Vienna Campus,
- at the Diplomatic Academy Vienna and the
- Federal Academy of Civil Service Training, Teacher Training seminars in Human Rights,
- seminar in "civics" for schools (at Rudolf Steiner Schools, Vienna-Mauer);
- guest lecturer at University of Nebraska (Lincoln, USA) for Educational Law.
- Consulting activities for research organisations in Austria, for the Croatian government, and for the European Commission; reviewer for OECD of Science and Technology Policies, Czech Republic (1992) and Poland (1995);
- evaluator of Dutch-Hungarian Science Relations (1995, 2000)
- Vice chairman of the Board of the Alban Berg-Foundation (Vienna); member of the Board of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Comparative Research in the Social Sciences - ICCR (Vienna)
- Comenius Medal, Czech Republic (1992)
- Pushkin Medal, Russian Federation (1999)
- The Great Medal of Honor in Silver with the Star in Recognition of Services and Achievements for the Republic of Austria (1999);
- The Great Cross with the Star of the Ordre Merite of the Federal Republic of Germany (1999)
- The Officer´s Cross of the Ordre Merite of the Republic of Poland (2000)
- Austrian Law Association;
- Austrian Society for Political Science (founding member);
- Austrian Society for Ecclesiastical Law;
- Austrian Chapter of the International Institute of Administrative Sciences, Brussels.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y Z
Adresse (URL): http://www.inst.at/bio/kneucker_raoul.htm 2007-10-31
© INST 2005 Webmeister:Gerald Mach