Small Business as Outer Determinant of Personality-oriented Civil Society
Andrey Tupitsyn (Orel, Russia) [BIO]
The transformation of the industrial economy into the economy of service in developed countries is considered. The analysis of essential differences of economy of service from the industrial economy has been done. Among the differences there exist the following ones, which connect the economy of service with the civil society:
- dominance of industries of service aimed at the satisfaction of spiritual and mental needs and wants of people;
- information and knowledge as leading factors of inner development of economy;
- science capacious and information technologies, generated a new attitude to humans as creators;
- a creative activities directly and indirectly oriented at spiritual, intellectual and physical betterment of humans;
- needs in professionals of a creative plan, who possess the skills of collective and cooperative work.
The study of these differences leads to the conclusion that the appearance of the economy of service greatly impacts upon the transition of the civil society into the personality oriented society. In this connection so called “attention economy” is considered. It has appeared by the influence of IT-technologies and deals with personalization of customers’ needs and wants. The prevalence of small business in the whole structure of subjects in the economy of developed countries and its input the national gross output supports the conclusion. This fact testifies about “personalization” of small business and the appearance of class of owners, who build their relations with clients and direct competitors not as rivals, but as companions in their common opposition to great depersonalized trade sets and global corporations. The cardinal new motivation of activities of employers and their collaborators and motivation of owners possessed by personal property have been displayed as the signs of personality oriented society.
The ties between different functions of state, private, personal and intellectual properties are investigated. The influence of small computer business upon the local social life, local self-government activities, etc. is discussed. It has been shown that small business should be considered as a necessary outer determinant of transition of socially oriented society to personality-oriented one