Brinzeu, Pia, Dr.phil: born 1948 in Timişoara, Romania; 1966–1971 Faculty of English, University of Timişoara, Romania; since 1996 Professor of English Literature, University of Timişoara; Member of ESSE (European Society for the Study of English), IASS/AIS (International Association of Semiotics), RSEAS / SRSAA (Romanian Society for english and American Studies ), Chair of RSEAS – The Romanian Society for English and American Studies; Member of Romanian Writers’ Union; Editor-in-chief of the journal of semiotics that appears in Timişoara („Caiet de semiotica“) and co-editor of B.A.S. ( British and American Studies); Director of the “ Socrates “ programme and member of the Executive Committee of CEEPUS; Visiting Professor: University of Urbino, 1995; University of Georgia, Athens, S.U.A., 1998, University A Rovira i Virgili A, Tarragona, Spania (Socrates programme ), University of Natal, Durban, South Africa, 2000, University of Munich, 2002 (Socrates programme); Research Grant: CRC grant for the project Euromyths in Post-Wall British and Romanian Fiction, 2001–2002.
Fields of interest: British culture and civilization, comparative literature (British and Romanian); narratology; semiotics, feminism.
- Check Your English, Hestia, Timişoara, 1992.
- Zile si semne („Days and Signs“), Excelsior, Timişoara, 1994
- Armura de sticla („The Glass Armour“ ), Excelsior, Timişoara, 1995.
- The Protean Novelists , Mirton, Timişoara, 1995.
- Corridors of Mirrors, Amarcord, Timişoara, 1997; University Press of America, 2000;
- Studies and articles in comparative literature, semiotics, narratology; different courses and readers for students; Interviews and magazine articles; book reviews; short prose writings; many international conferences and symposia;
Adresse (URL): http://www.inst.at/trans/bio/brinzeu_pia 2005-09-01
© INST 2005 Webmeister: Gerald Mach