Nintzel, Ken, is a theater artist who employs a multidisciplinary approach in conceiving, designing and directing original and reinterpreted works for performance.
His recent credits:
- ‘Twas the Night Before the Twelve Days of a Nutcracker Christmas Carol (2005) at Performance Space 122.
- The Rite of Spring (2004), a reimaging of Igor Stravinsky’s score and scenario through the lens of football half-time culture created at CalArts.
- Antidepressant (2003), inspired by backstage musicals of the Depression at the Experimental Theater Wing at TSOA / NYU.
- LAPSE (2003), a year in the life of a woman in a coma as measured by holidays for Performance Space 122.
- LAPSE, a work in progress (2003), was premiered at the Whitney Museum of American Art for their Performance on 42nd Series.
- PAGEANT (99 / 2000 / 01), an infusion of a beauty contest with the life of the Virgin Mary, appeared in various incarnations, at the Ontological Theater, HERE and PS122.
Ken is a recipient of a 2003–2006 Lambent Fellowship in the Arts of the Tides Foundation
Adresse (URL): http://www.inst.at/trans/bio/nintzel_ken 2007-10-14
© INST 2005 Webmeister:Gerald Mach