Schnell, Izhak, birth: 1948, Israel
B.A.: (1975) Geography and Sociology, Haifa University.
Magister (1980): Urban and Regional Planning, Technion, Haifa.
Dissertation topic: Social Areas in a Settlement under Rapid Urbanization and Modernization: The Case of Taybe.
Ph. D. (1984): Geography, Clark University, Mass. U.S.A.
Dissertation topic: The Experience of Time Place and Immigration.
Academic and Professional Experience
- Teaching Assistant in Haifa University 1974–1978.
- Head of Planning Team in “Merav Ltd. 1978–1979.
- Teacher in Seminar Hakibutzim, 1979–1980.
- Visiting Prof. and Social Science Laboratory Manager at Clark University, USA. 1984.
- Teaching Assistant in Tel Aviv University 1979–1980.
- Instructor in Geography, Tel Aviv Univ. 1984–1985.
- Teaching Associate in Geography, Tel Aviv Univ. 1985–1987.
- Lecturer in Geography, Tel Aviv University, 1987–1995.
- Senior Lecturer, Tel Aviv university, 1995–1998
- Associate Professor, Tel Aviv University, 1999+
- Head of the Geography and Human Environment Department 2001+2005
- Vice President of the Israeli Geographical Association 2001–2002
- President of the Israeli Geographical Association 2003–2004Lecturer in Beit Berl College, 1984+
- Head of Geography Department, Beit Berl College, 1987–1990.
- Member of Beit Berl college central curricula committee, 1991–1992.
- Head of Beit Berl college central curricula committee, 1993–1995.
- Head of the ethical committee 2000–2002
- Head of the Me.D. program.
- Smueli, A., Schnell, I., Soffer, A. (1986) The Little Triangle: A region in Transition, Series in Middle Eastern Studies, Haifa University press: Haifa, 122 pp. (Hebrew).
- Schnell, I. (1994) Perceptions of Israeli Arabs: Territoriality and Identity, Avebury: London, 123 pp.
2a. Schnell, I. (1994) Identity Draws A Territory, The Institute For Israeli Arab Studies: Beit-Berl, 159 pp. (Hebrew).
- Schnell, I., Sofer, M., Drori, I. (1995) Arab Industrialization in Israel: Ethnic Entreprenuership in the Periphery, Greenwood, Praeger: N.Y. 204 pp.
- Sofer, M., Schnell, I., Drori, I., Atrash, A. (1995) Arab Entreprenuership and Industrialization in Israel, The Institute For Israeli Arab Studies: Beit-Berl, 180 pp. (Hebrew).
- Schnell, I., Graicer, I. (1994) Back to Tel-Aviv: The Rejuvenation of Population in the Inner City During the-80’s, The Center For Urban and Regional Studies: The Technion: Haifa, pp. 144. (Hebrew).
- Schnell, I. (1996) Incentives for Housing Projects by Contractors in Israeli Arab Settlements, Construction and Housing Ministry: Jerusalem (Hebrew, 80 pages).
- Schnell, I. (1999) Migrant Workers in Tel Aviv, Fleursheim Institute for Policy Studies: Jerusalem (Hebrew, 70 pages).
- Schnell, I. (2002) Urban Policy toward Migrant Workers, Fleursheim Institute for Policy Studies: Jerusalem (Hebrew, 70 pages).
Bibliographie | Bibliography | Bibliographie
Adresse (URL): http://www.inst.at/trans/bio/schnell_izhak 2012-096-08
© INST 2012 Webmeister:Gerald Mach