Seehuus, Gerd S.
- 2002 – 2007 MAA (Master of Architecture), Bergen Architectural School, Norway
- 1993/94 Cellostudies in Minneapolis USA with scholarship from ”Norwegian Foundation of Artists”
- 1983 – 1987 Cand Mag. (cellist / instrumental teacher), Conservatory of Northern Norway, Tromsø
JOBS / ENGAGEMENTS
- 2007 Senior Architect at the Norwegian State’s Office in Hammerfest; Region for Circumpolar Matters
- July/Aug 2006 At Film Camp, Målselv , Northern Norway, creating interior plan solutions and drawings for refurbishing and rehabilitating Military Barracks ( former Holmen Military Camp) to individual housing facilities for filmcrew on location, in cooperation with MAA Kjersti Jenssen, finalization Nov/ Des 06
- 2001/2002 Local coordinator for NEYAC (North European Youth Art Circle), cultural exchange program
- 1995 – 2002 Principal at Harstad Municipality School for Cultural Activities; music, ballet & stage-performing arts
- 1996 – 2000 Responsible for analyzing needs and creating conceptual sketches for the pre-project in transformation of Community Square, Harstad City,
- Rehabilitating and major reconstructing a total square of commercial buildings to a create a cultural complex of facilities for Cultural School, Art Gallery, Cinema, Common space for Public Cultural Activities and Municipal Archive, all in accordance with Government legislation and municipal technical plans.
Partaking throughout the project period as the main link between the users and the performing Architect and Technical Management, until finalization in des. 2000 when the buildings were put into use in jan 01.
- 1997 – 98 Project Manager of the Tromsø Conference “Musisk Verdiskaping-98”, concerts and stage productions
- Nov-96 Feb-97 Murmansk and Kirovsk ; in charge of Cultural Exchange Friendship Cities weekly program / hosting Russian delegation revisiting Harstad Municipality
- 1987 – 95 District Musician as cellist in Rana Northern Norway, teaching and performing
- 1980 – 83 CISV (Childrens International Summer Villages), UNESCO subsidiary
Multiple roles as Delegation leader, Staff Member or Camp Director attending several 30 day Summer Camps (age group 11), Seminar Camps (age group 13–15) and tutorials for junior staff (age group 16–18)
- 1997 – 2000 Regional Director and Executive Manager of the Association of Norwegian Cultural Schools, Northern region
- 1980 – 1984 Board Member and Secretary to CISV, Mid Norway Region
Bibliographie | Bibliography | Bibliographie
Adapted Arctic Architecture (17.Nr.)
Adresse (URL): http://www.inst.at/trans/bio/seehuus_gerd 2010-02-13
© INST 2005 Webmeister:Gerald Mach