Štrajn, Jelka Kernev (Ljubljana – Slovenia) is a literary critic and translator (de Man, Bourdieu, Mme de Staël, Foucault etc.). She has written on narratology, feminist literary theory and post-structuralism.
Her recent papers include
- Preliminaries to a Treatment of the Relations between Allegoric Structures and Elements of the Irrational in the Fairy Tales, in Otrok in knjiga 2002,
- Feminist Literary Theory and Postcolonial Reading in Delta 2002,
- Chateau de Coppet – “A Site of Modernity”, in Primerjalna knjizevnost 2004 (Special Issue),
- The Problem of the Relationship between Symbol and Allegory, in Primerjalna knjizevnost 2006,
- On a Possibility of Ecocritical View on the Thematisation of “Nonhuman Subjectivity” in Literature, in Primerjalna knjizevnost 2007,
- Memory as Fragment Woven into Text, in Writing Literary History: Selected Perspectives from Central Europe, (Peter Lang) 2006, and
- Le genre comme absence de genre, in Primerjalna knjizevnost 2006 (Special Issue), where she was the coeditor.
Adresse (URL): http://www.inst.at/trans/bio/strajn_jelka 2007-10-08
© INST 2005 Webmeister:Gerald Mach